At Cefn Saeson we strive to create high quality learning experiences that engage and excite our pupils. Whilst we are delighted to have our pupils back in school, we understand that some of our pupils may be self-isolating at certain times. If your child is isolating, we recommend that they follow their daily timetable and access the class work via Teams. They can also choose tasks from the Learning Menu for each AoLE (this can be found on the school website and also on their year group and class Team). Additional work is also provided on the distance learning programme below. To access and submit the Teacher led resources pupils will need to log on to Teams via Hwb (pupils have been shown how to do this) or they can email completed work back to their subject teachers.
KS3 Distance Learning Programme (Year 7, Year 8 and Year 9)
KS4 Distance Learning Programme (Year 10 and Year 11)
To view details on how to access this area, click on the ‘Accessing your work – Pupil User Guide’ button below:-
There are also other online resources available to support your children outside of this provision. These include:
- Hwb Resources – This provides a wealth of materials for learning and revision.
- BBC Bitesize – A wide range of lessons and activities for pupils to study.
- WJEC Resources – Here you will find specific content related to your specific GCSE courses.
- Thinkuknow – This is the education programme from NCA-CEOP, a UK organisation which protects children both online and offline. Explore one of the six Thinkuknow websites for advice about staying safe when you’re on a phone, tablet or computer.
- HOME ACTIVITY PACKS – ONLINE SAFETY AT HOME
- Sports Wales – Here’s a link to the Sport Wales website and their campaign to keep Wales moving during the coronavirus crisis. There’s lots of activity ideas for everyone and information on looking after your wellbeing.
- NEW ACTIVITY PACKS – Hafan Cymru – The new sets have activities centred about emotional wellbeing and resilience as well as some more cooking activities. When in the link above, please scroll down the page to the packs dated 27.04.2020,
SWANSEA UNIVERSITY DYLAN THOMAS PRIZE 2020
More information here >>>>
NEATH PORT TALBOT COLLEGE – READING / COURSE INFORMATION
(Current Year 11 Pupils)
Read more here >>>>
Y11 APPLICATION PROCESS FOR NPTC
Read more here >>>>
ALN Home School – is designed to benefit parents and carers of young people who have additional learning needs who may have to be home schooled during the Covid-19 outbreak.
You can access the site here >>>>
If your child has forgotten their Hwb username or password, please contact the school ICT team by clicking the link below:-
or alternatively go to Contact Us>Help to fill out the form
We will endeavour to provide you with access details as soon as possible.
DOWNLOAD @OFFICE365 VIA @HWBNEWS COMPLETELY FREE
Download @Office365 via @Hwbnews completely free to help you with your home learning.
Go to www.hwb.gov.wales/Microsoft for more information.
also see attached PDF file:
USING HWB TO ACCESS YOUR EMAILS
Please find a short video guide regarding using Hwb Email.
Click link below: