UPDATE: Yr 8 CHILD IDENTIFIED AS A CONTACT OF A CONFIRMED CASE
Parents of Year 8
We have today sent the attached letter via the Parent App and Parent Pay. All of Year 8 must self-isolate as from today until the 6th November. They can return to their normal daily routines as from 7th November.
Return to school for Year 8 will be Monday 9th November
SEE LETTER BELOW:
28th October 2020
Dear Parent or Carer,
Re: Contact of confirmed case of COVID-19 in Cefn Saeson Comprehensive School – Year 8
NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect trace everyone who have been in contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Your child has been identified as a contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19 and will now need to self-isolate from today until 6th November 2020. By identifying contacts and asking them to self-isolate for 14 days, we will reduce the possible spread of COVID-19 from those contacts to their family, friends and the wider community.
Self-isolation advice requires your child to stay at home, not to go outdoors to exercise, to visit shops, family or friends, or to other public spaces. Please do not invite people to your house. Further information on self-isolation can be found in the link at the bottom of this letter.
If your child remains well then the other members of the household do not need to isolate and can continue with their normal activities. If your child is still well at the end of the 14-day period of self-isolation, they can return to Cefn Saeson Comprehensive School and their other usual activities as from 7th November 2020. Year 8 pupils can return to school as from Monday 9th November 2020.
To reduce the risk of COVID-19 spreading, there are things that everyone in your family can do to help. These include:
- washing hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- using hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- washing hands as soon as they get home
- covering their mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve (not their hands) when they cough or sneeze
- putting used tissues in the bin immediately and washing hands afterwards
Please be alert for symptoms of COVID-19 in your child, which are:
- A new or continuous cough
- A high temperature
- A loss of or change to sense of smell or taste
If your child develops any of these symptoms, even if they are mild:
- Inform the Test, Trace and Protect (TTP) team who will be in daily contact with you
- If advised by TTP book a test for them by phoning 119 or through the online portal: https://www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test
- Inform Cefn Saeson Comprehensive School that they are unwell with COVID-19 symptoms and that you have requested a test
- Your child should remain in self-isolation
- All other household members should isolate for 14 days from when your child developed symptoms
- Do not visit a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital but if you require medical advice please contact NHS 111 or telephone your GP; if there is a medical emergency phone 999
- If you require medical advice for COVID-19 symptoms or another reason, please inform the healthcare worker that your child is a contact of a case of COVID-19 and in self-isolation
- Please follow the advice provided when your child receives their test result
Further formation on Test, Trace, Protect can be found here https://gov.wales/test-trace-protect-coronavirus
Further information on symptoms and self-isolation can be found here https://gov.wales/symptoms-and-self-isolation-contact-tracing
For general information on COVID-19 https://gov.wales/protect-yourself-others-coronavirus
The COVID-19 online symptom checker can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do https://gov.wales/check-if-you-need-coronavirus-medical-help
With best wishes,
Mr D L R Cole